Skip to main content

Dub Digital

Today I thought about putting together a little photo collage for my son Ethan, to decorate with on his 10th birthday this January the 18th.  I did one not too long ago that I was going to frame for him, but this time I'd do one picture of him on every birthday until 10.  Last year I did a string of 9 balloons that lead from his bedroom downstairs and to his presents at the table.





*the line is from a poem by e.e. cummings



But more about the photos; I have always loved creative photography as colours or scrap-paper memories of the best days.  In no way did I ever feel like I was a really great photographer.. but I have taken a lot of good photos; the good photos are always the ones that you smile thinking about while you're not even looking at them.

When Hipstamatic, and all those came out I was really psyched to use them and overuse them and be stupid with them in scrap-paper things I was doing at the time.  I'm glad I have them.  I realized very soon many of the photos I wanted to use were ones I've taken on Instagram; then I knew there was never a time when my baby Kieran didn't know Instagram!  What a really weird thing to realize about the photos you take and love.

So, since I'm just introducing myself here.. I'm not really a blogger.  I'm more of a Kidstagrammer.  Lifestagrammer.   You could call this webpage my mom of boys- crazy kid story- 30ish kidstagramming parent - wine drinking cool friend BTW- blog.  I've worked hard at all of those things except being my age (nomatter when we're talking about).


Just so we're totally clear, you're now reading something that came from the same author who had a moment of stupidity on Facebook yesterday and apparently NEEDED to know that IF I were chocolate, IF, what kind of chocolate would I be???

My oldest childhood friend, Andrea, was a Snickers it said.  Peanuts and nuget?  I thought I knew her.. I wouldn't have guessed a Snickers.  Maybe this test knows something I don't.  Maybe this test is LEGIT?  That crazy train of thought lasted until the 2nd question....





And that's when I said nevermind.  They know nothing about the nothing at the bottom of the big blue nothing.  One of Andrea's cats must have taken that test for her.

This is how my English higher education worked out.  Not a grammar-nazi (I offend occasionally) or punctuation (I offend a lot) just constantly correcting pronunciation, like, how there is no B in supposedly.   Helpful stuff I feel if you're ever, say, in ANOTHER conversation with someone else and it might embarrass you.  Like when my cousin pronounced 'faux wood' as FOXWOOD.  Then, I find stuff like that test infuriatingly common, as well as constantly running into made-up buzzwords like "physical literacy" when I try to book my sons' birthday parties.  So glad my education just helped me point out how often nobody else cared to attend English class.  I could have sworn there were always a lot of students in my class.. hmm.













*


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Momstagram life

In the world of Kidstagramming, we often forget to get ourselves (the photographer) in a photo once in a while.  This is very true for me as a Mother who just has always liked to take photos.  Photos of memories or how I feel about the day, if something is beautiful and bright, or dark and stormy.  It's all this life of mine.

I read an opinion article (is this an opinion article too??) about a Mom who realized after her death, that her Mother was missing from photos for years and years.. maybe one here, two there.  Hiding from the camera in a favourite photo, or most often behind the camera.  It's a catch 22 since without her there would be no images of these memories, but to take them she must often not be in the photos.  It was much more beautiful than that but the point is the same.  We must give up something to get something, sometimes.  We can only tell our story from our own eyes.

This is a photo of the 4 of us Mother's Day weekend; I took my kids to the DQ (dairy qu…

Re-pin-pinning

I have decided there is a real thing I will call, re-pin-pinning.  It's basically stalking your own Pinterest and going "Holy hell, I should have made that Chicken Enchilada Rice Casserole!!!"  and wanting to RE-pin it, to remind yourself you really mean it THIS TIME.  THIS TIME you're honestly going to buy the ingredients for that in two days when you probably need other stuff at Costco and make it probably on the weekend or not because who likes cooking on the weekend?  So Monday? No that's too much work for a Monday.. and my kids won't even eat this so it's that and regular pasta right?  Dammit let's just have Taco Night early because everybody loves that and all I need are tomatoes and because Monday dinner is now stressing me out!  Repeat for infinity until you re-re-pin that food with someone who is very hungry and insists you try to make this 'easy meal'!

I don't expect that to make any sense but my name is Ann-Marie and that is ho…

Feed the Baby

I'm slightly addicted to a few Facebook games, like Dragon City.. where I play with all my friends kids who go on their Facebook accounts.  Sigh.  But that is neither here nor there.  Today I see in the games you may like area, which I ignore 98% of the time, a game called Feed the Baby.




I have an idea, guys who make these games, how about "walk the dog" or "do the dishes"?  What happens if you don't feed the baby?  Does CAS come to your house in the night and take your laptop away?  Cancel your internet?

Here's a free game idea for you, it's just called "Hey, click on this for an hour"!